View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #28
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetr72 View Post
I am quite sure she doesnt either and I really do like him as a vet..I dont want to change. I am going to talk with him again tomorrow now that I have what I want to say clearly in my mind. I imagine he thinks he has done it as a precaution but I will take a stool sample with me to be sure instead of giving her meds that she may not even need.

Thanks,
Dawn
As much as I agree that this just seems "strange" of your vet to deworm without tests, some people deworm their dogs all the time. Once is no big deal and the problem with stool samples is they don't always show positive when they should. So, maybe he would want to treat anyway just in case even if the sample came back negative and he is saving you money by not testing?

When I thought Ellie had a liver problem and her bile acids came back high Ellie's vet consulted an internist. With high bile acids sometimes internists recommend deworming a dog just in case that is what is elevating the numbers. Ellie didn't have a fecal test at all because we may have gotten a false negative...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!