View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Mom2BabyNatalie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Welcome Home.... Little Miss "Mia Bella"...

<<taken from my initial post regarding this little girl>>

"While I am still looking for my special tiny girl, I decided to bring this little one home as well.
The day before yesterday was the first time I'd put on "real clothes" and gone out of the house since Natalie's passing on Christmas day... (aside from a couple of forced trips to the hospital early on)
My outing consisted of a 14 hour round trip to somewhere in East Texas to bring this little girl home.
She is going on 10 months old - 2.5 lbs and as you can tell from her picture... is a little "darkie"!
I was hoping that she and Gracie would bond and become fast friends... and they have.... so for that, I'm grateful!
She was called "Rainee", but I'm not really partial to that... and she doesn't respond to it so I think it would be fine to change...
She is a "kennel dog".... and evidently has not spent much time indoors or near people.... she has absolutely attached herself to me and is a little love bug, but gets very aggrivated when others are around.... she's even started chasing after the kids and nipping at their heels to get them out of "her room".... but I think all of this will work itself out as she settles in and becomes more comfortable.
She sleeps with Gracie and I in the bed and has yet to have an "accident"... she doesn't like the puppy pads, but will potty on newspaper every time....
She seems amazed by all the little beds and toys around... as though she's never seen such "treasures".....
Yesterday we had toys scattered all over the floor..... she picked up every single one and drug each into her little bed!
Strangely, (though maybe not so much for a kennel dog) - she likes newspaper.... she has a couple of "special" pages of newspaper that she lined her bed with.... I keep trying to tell her that she doesn't need to "make her own bed" - - but she's comfy with it, so I let her keep it there...
She doesn't kiss.... but once or twice during the night, I've felt her climb up on my chest and kiss my face!
She's very timid with everyone but me, so we have some socialization work to do... I think I remind her of her first mommy - who she seemed to adore!
She is limited AKC registered, and though I still have to order her pedigree, I was told that her daddy has some championships in his line...
I don't think she's going to have the "correct colors", but with some work, I think she'll be a lovely little thing... "

Mia is settling in nicely.... here are some pictures after her MinkSheen bubble bath.... and in her very first ever dress!

Thank you to everyone who offered name suggestions... I think Mia Bella suits her perfectly!

Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Home.... Little Miss "Mia Bella"...-mia8.jpg   Welcome Home.... Little Miss "Mia Bella"...-mia10.jpg   Welcome Home.... Little Miss "Mia Bella"...-mia11.jpg   Welcome Home.... Little Miss "Mia Bella"...-mia9.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!