View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy785 View Post
No offense taken...
As an owner of Biewers, I would answer you that I have quite a bit invested into my dogs. What I paid for my breeding prospects is what I base my breeding prospect prices on. I have sold pets for anywhere from Free to $3500 depending on quality, sex and size (I know many of you are against prices by size, but let's face facts. .. It is way easier to sell a 4 pound Biewer or even yorkie than it is a 7-9 pounder. supply and demand, basic economics.)
I also show my Biewers, so this should make my prices pretty stable since my stock came from champions and are themselves champions.
Yes, having fewer numbers in the US also plays a part as I have "big" breeders emailing and calling me all of the time that want breeding stock so they can add to their herds they already own. They are just intereseted in a quick buck and not quality. I do not want my kennel name associated with this, if my name is on a ped it represents me. (I am very picky where my babies go and do a comprehensive check on the intended owners.)
I cannot speak for other Biewer breeders, but I have all of my puppies DNA tested, Microchipped, vet work and vaccinations all done by a vet, so the puppies get checked over several times. I poor my life and soul into each litter. I do not breed for tinies but they have happened. I have more than once supplemented puppies around the clock to keep them alive. I have a full time job, and do not live off what the Biewers bring in. It all goes back to the dogs (vet bills, food, toys, treats, shows, new dogs.) They are my passion not my occupation.
Good answer. Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!