View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
cowgirlc
YT Addict

Default New Member from Texas

Hello everyone, my name is Cynthia, and my little bundle of fun is GIZMO. I got GIZ, Jan 1st 2007, when he was 6 weeks old, so needless to say as of a couple of days ago we have been together for one year. I live in a small country town east of Dallas Tx, with my husband, GIZ, a chow named pepper and a sheppard named lexy as well as a couple of horses.

The center of our home is without a doubt Gizmo. He has literally taken complete control and has my The and I eating out of his hand. I would like to ask an unusual question if I may.

Giz has gone to the same groomer here in my small town since the day I got him. I would take him there and became friends with the groomer herself, so I would just sit and chat with her while she worked on Giz. The first time I watched, (this is kinda graphic) as she began to bathe Gizmo. At some point she began to clean something on Giz that she referred to as a "rectal sack). I thought this was disgusting to say the least. She tried to explain that dogs have some kind of sack and that dogs need to have that aery cleaned out.

My problem is this, the groomer has disssapared and closed up shop. I have been givingthis bathing thing a try for myself however, can someone tell me what is the part of the rectum called that has to be cleaned out, and how do you clean that area? I was told by the groomer that the rectum can become impacked so I want to make sure I am dong the right thing until I find another groomer.

Thank you for listening, I hope this is not a silly question.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!