View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc
Thanks. The question I would ask of any Yorkie owner is "would you take your dog to a public park and turn him lose without a leash and expect that he will "come" 100% of the time every time? I am hoping to get to a point where my dog will never leave the yard or house without first seeking approval from me and then come every time I call him without repeating the command over and over.

I love my little boy so much I believe it is necessary to provide structure and discipline for their protection.

Thoughts?
See, I kinda look at it this way. You personally can train your dog to be perfect in that park 100% of the time. However....What about those other dogs. What if let's say a bigger dog or smaller comes rushing over to possibly hurt your little Yorkie and you didn't have him on a halter/leash. I think it would be harder for you to save your Yorkie from that danger. If your Yorkie was on that halter/leash and you see this dog running over with possible bad intentions towards your Yorkie then you can quickly snatch him right up.

It's always a question of those "other" dogs I think, or people for that matter. I personally would just feel more comfy knowing I can quickly pull up Schatzie if danger is about to be placed upon her or us. And I mentioned "halter" and "quickly" a few times. If you snatch your Yorkie up in a split second if need be he wont get hurt because he has the halter on.

There are many Yorkies that get attacked by larger dogs, and I bet those poor little Yorkies probably were well trained too. It's so sad and heart breaking.

If you'd like post some pictures of your Yorkie, we would love to see him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!