View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
EmrldShdwQueen
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrewser View Post
Brewser had xray today and only one puppy. My vet thinks although he is big, she should still be fine with natural delivery(they measured her pelvis-his head). He is also facing forwards(towards her head), vet says there is still time for him to turn around. Brewser only has about 5 days to go. Has anyone else had just one pup without problems?? Any thoughts??

--All the vets at the clinic gave me their home phone numbers, and all looked at her and xrays so they are familiar with her, should we have any problems!! ....maybe I sounded a bit too worried when I found out there was only one
Well generally I would be worried with just one pup, in case he didn't fit through the birth canal...but it sounds like you're completely prepared, and while you never can tell until it happens, hopefully everything will go smoothly. Keep those numbers handy just in case, and try to breathe. How much does your female weigh?

And once she goes into labor, I wouldn't give her more than an hour or two of pushing with no result before I'd get her to the vet...just to be on the safe side.
EmrldShdwQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!