View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Fozzy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Garage Door Sensor Install To High Killed My Yorkie

Hello,
I'm writing this to alert other pet owners. My twelve year old, five-pound Yorkshire Terrier was crushed/killed by our electric garage door.
My Yorkie tried to exit the garage and was not detected by the two side sensor beams that were mounted too high and the reverse sensor was set with too high so it just continued to close until the door was completely shut. This killed my baby.
I hired a licensed Contractor to install a new garage door and the contractor sent a worker to our home that didn't install the garage door according the State law. There is a State law regarding garage doors because too many children have been killed or injured by garage doors.
The two sensors (positioned on each side of the door frame) should of been installed at five inches in height from the floor and the reversed sensor for the garage door was set to high so the sensor never reversed when it came in contact with my Yorkie.
I contacted the licensed contractor who came and fixed the improperly installed garage door but he took no responsibility for my Yorkie’s death.

If you have a small animal, please make sure the two sensors detect your Yorkie and the reverse sensor on the garage is set to reverse as soon as it touches an object (like your hand).

My family is totally heart broken over the loss of our child (we called him our baby). I hope to prevent this type of tragedy from happening to anyone else.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!