View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
jennifermcb
Charmed by Sophie & Daisy
Donating Member

Default Throwing a pity party...

Poor, poor pitiful me...and Daisy...and Sophie. But mostly Daisy and Sophie.

We brought Daisy home on Sunday. Monday she developed mucous-y diarrhea, but the fecal test didn't show anything. Later on, she was diagnosed with coccidia. So..because of her diarrhea and tummy ache, she's been up most of the night, every night since Sunday. I'm beat.

Today, Sophie starts vomiting and has diarrhea. I wasn't worried about it being coccidia, in that the incubation period is 13 days and Daisy has only been here 6 days. However, we took Sophie with us to the breeders when we picked out Daisy. Sophie didn't go in with the puppies, but played in the grass outside. That was 12 days ago. Could she have gotten coccidia then? I don't know. If she vomits and has diarrhea again, I will be calling the vet. Also, because she's 6 months old, the vet said she likely wouldn't contract the illness.

I just want my babies to feel and be better. I'm giving them all the loving and good nursing I can. I'm really stressed out about this, almost to the point of an anxiety feeling. And I've not had any sleep in 6 days, which only adds to the feeling of frustration and anxiety.

Please send us some good thoughts, prayers and puppy kisses
jennifermcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!