View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
Judy in Waco
Gizzy & Kandi spoil me
Donating Member

Our experience was pretty bizarre. It happened during the day when no one was at home. One of our new neighbors saw them and called the police, but they took off before the police got there. (Actually, I even arrived before the police did! )

Anyway, they broke in through a window in the back of the house. They took the TV and most of our electronic equipment, a laptop, musical equipment including a keyboard and electric guitar, etc... Another TV from a guest room was found by the back door.

Here's the weird part...They took a half empty bottle of tequilla rose out of the fridge and left everything in the liquor cabinet including a bottle of Patron and a bottle of Crown. They also took a 24 pack of Coke, but left a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper.

The house was also in shambles..glass everywhere, all of the things dumped out of drawers, etc... A lot of my underwear and lingerie was scattered all over the house. (Ewww) and the phones were all taken (landlines).

I didn't understand the phone thing until later...they were cheap phones...not much resale value. I wish I had known much earlier, but they probably took the phones to cover up caller ID. The thought is that they called to see if anyone was home first. By the time we checked with the caller ID, too much time had passed to trace anything.

I think the thing that upset me the most was the underwear. I couldn't even think about keeping any of it, so I threw it all away. (Shudders) I had a black bra that a police officer actually picked up off the floor and looked at. Totally humiliating. lol!

Anyway, that's when we got the alarm system. I am just thankful no one got hurt.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!