View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Buddy-licious
Donating YT Addict

Default OMG! So many home burglaries in my neighborhood!!

OMG....check out the email that I rec'd regarding all the homes that were broken into yesterday in or around my neighborhood. See below in red!!
The burglaries are all happening during the day!!!! We only set our alarm at night because we have a motion detector and Buddy will set it off. Due to all the break ins DURING THE DAY, I need to be able to set my alarm during the day when I am away. Does anyone know if there is a security system that has a motion detector that does not pick up pets?

Charlotte Police Department Update on Recent Break-Ins

All Residents of Ballantyne Country Club,

Please see below an update from Peter Grant of Charlotte Police Department regarding the recent burglaries. It seems there were quite a few yesterday (not all of which were within BCC), all with the same characteristics. Please remember, if you do see a break-in in progress, the first call is ALWAYS to 911.

Sincerely,
Michael Laub - BRPOA

We recently had another rash of house break-ins where the front doors are being kicked in. All of these are occurring between the hours of 9am and 12pm. The suspects will generally knock on the door first to see if anyone is at home. If someone is at home they will act like a magazine salesman. If no one is at home they will knock a few more times just to make sure no one is home and then kick the door in. They are not trying to catch people while they are there, their main intent is to ensure that no one is at home before forcing their way in.

The suspect information we obtained yesterday was a burgundy GMC or Chevy Blazer type vehicle with possible West Virginia tags occupied by three black males. They are focusing on credit cards, jewelry, playstations, Wii's, DVD's, CD's, flat screen TV's, computers (mostly laptops), GPS units, and I-POD's. If they are able to get a credit card they will attempt to use it within an hour or two of obtaining them, usually at a gas station close by.

Please keep an eye on your neighbor's house if they are out of town. Call 911 if you see anything suspicious. We have several reports where a neighbor has seen the suspects coming and going out of a house, but did not call 911 to report it. They do not stay in the neighborhood long, of the five houses they hit yesterday, 1/2/08, only 2 were in the same neighborhood. So they were in 4 separate neighborhoods in about a 2 hour span.

Officer Peter Grant - CMPD
pgrant@cmpd.org
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!