View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

The caucus is such a wonderful process for all of us in Iowa. It also means that it is very easy to meet a candidate in person, shake their hand & bend their ear. It's exciting to see how it all goes - can't wait to see if the rest of America agrees with us in Iowa.

Part of the reason Iowa is first is because it is a smaller state & allows the candidates to spend less money & also go out an meet the voters. If the process started in NY or Calif. only the richest candidates would stand a chance. I for one do not care about having a multi-millionaire representing me in the White House. Or one who may already be in debt to so many huge questionable donors who want favors in return.

I think the process of Iowa & then NH works well - as we are 2 very different states, then they are off to SC where the south will be represented.

Want to learn more about the caucus on a more local level? Read the states big newspaper The Des Moines Register - here's the site www.desmoinesregister.com - there is so much on there - tons of video & pix - lots submitted by readers & all kinds of first hand accts of the election process. Lots of Blogs too. One of the local tv stations went to a caucus & late last night they were still working it out, so it was fun to watch it on tv too! Boy, I sound like a real politically junkie - which I'm not, but it is fun to be a part of the excitement.

There were so many people like Suzy who went to the caucus for the 1st time. My daughter who is 18 was so excited to go & be a part of the process. It's more fun then casting a simple vote on voting day, but there were headaches - cold weather, lack of parking at caucus sites, over-crowded rooms & time constraints

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 01-04-2008 at 10:38 AM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!