View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #13
Passionfruition
Proud of my Sully!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletb
I wouldn't pay much, What ever the adoption fee was!! I think it is around $30.00 where I live. But, I'm probably not the norm.. There is a lady that I work with who wants a Labadoddle. (labador/poodle mix) and she says they are going with $1600. Which I think is highway robbery..(but that s me!!)
My neighbors in Charleston are working really hard to establish (for years now) the Labradoodle as a breed. Now I know it's a mix but they were trying to "create a breed" of dog that is smart like poodles and labs but do not shed! But 1600 is carraaazyyy price.

I'm not a "big dog" person but if I ever got one I would want one that doesn't shed! My husband is not a poodle person but I bet he would love a "labradoodle" if I could convince him that a mix isn't bad.

My husband is a big "papers snob" as I teased him b/c when we 1st shopped for a dog, I found plenty of cute yorkie/maltese mixes in town for a great price but my husband said no way. He wouldn't get a dog unless it was registered with the AKC.

The "non-shedding" issue is a big deal to me and my hubby also.

Now that we have a purebred I don't think I could get a mix, for a toy breed anyway...so I don't know what I'd say I'd pay for it. But back when I was looking at mixes I wouldn't pay more than $250, that was max.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!