View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONLYNN View Post
I don't really know anything about politics but I was wondering why they have it in that state every year? What is the meaning behind having it there....just courious.
I'm not exactly sure why they always have it in Iowa first every four years...I think at this point it's tradition, but it could also be because Iowa is a swing state and you never know which way it will end up. Another idea-Des Moines is a test market for a lot of different products/services, I think because it has a large enough metro area, with a pretty typical "midwestern" atmosphere to test out new products and ideas.

For example, in the last 2 years, we had several different flavors of Mountain Dew here before they caught on across the country-some of the flavors went nationwide, while others were available only for 3 months or so, and haven't been heard of since. Diet Mountain Dew Code Red was available here for 6 months, before stores in Minneapolis had ever heard of it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!