View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Lightbulb I went to the caucuses tonight!

And it was interesting, exciting, and actually fun! I have never been at all interested in any type of politics, but for some reason the upcoming election has sparked my interest this time around-maybe it's my age, that I'm aware of the issues our country faces, that I pay more in taxes or that the media has done a more with involving the candidates in interesting ways, like the YouTube debates. Anyway, it was really cool to see so many people all together, rooting for the same cause, though each had their individual opinions. There were lots of people, standing together, working together, and trying to achieve something. I'm usually not so gung-ho, but this was truly amazing, and gave me a sense of hope, pride, and patriotism. I know that not all of us will have the opportunity to caucus that we have here in Iowa, but I wanted to share my view of it with you all. It was a invigorating, exciting, and interesting experience!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!