Thread: benji
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #18
4doggiemama
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks for being willing to take a rescue in. I have two Yorkie rescues that are now seniors. One is mentally challenged, afraid of much, scared of men, and has some health issues. The other one came to me skinny and humped up, refusing to eat kibble, hiding when she heard the word "come." Her humped back is now basically flat, and she will come after some thought. But after all these years she still does not like to be held. On rare occasions she will climb on my lap , but mostly she will come and want a chest scratch. I accept that. Isn't it something how these tiny, darling doggies can be so damaged by ignorant, mean owners? Not too long ago I walked into a farm supply store looking for a brand of kibble. In the store I found two fenced pens of yapping puppies----maybe 20 in each---one for larger puppies. I asked the clerk if they sold any puppies, and she replied that they sell quickly. My next comment was that they don't know to what type of homes the puppies go to. The clerk said, "Well, for $500 the owner will most certainly take care of the puppy." I looked at her and told her that I have two abused rescue Yorkies at home and "you know how much Yorkies sell for." She was speechless. I left crying. It was horrific! Many blessings to you. Patience is the key.
4doggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!