View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default Stay at the In-Laws was a nightmare!!

First of all, Happy New year to you all! Just got back from the In-laws yesterday and was back in work today

We stayed with them for 5 days, it was Pixie's first visit to their house and it was especially hard work for me, as there are sooo many hazards at their place! They just don't get what it's like to care for such a tiny dog! Pixie was very good really, she's still a puppy (7 months) she had a couple of little accidents which I managed to cover up pretty well! My hubby's parents obviously think we spoil pixie..MIL said.."she's got you right where she wants you". FIL insisted on feeding her treats when i told him not to (their collie X is overweight) They would drop food/wrappers on the floor which Pixie would get hold of and then I would be running after her and trying to prise the offending object out of her mouth! They threw leftover food scraps out in the garden which made toilet trips with Pixie a nightmare! They would leave outside doors open without even a thought for her safety! I had to have eyes in the back of my head! They never watched where they put their feet either and My baby was stepped on a few times, everytime she yelped my heart was in my mouth! I practically held her most of the time we were there to keep her out of harms way! I did take her crate which was a godsend! and did give me peace of mind when unable to supervise her properly!
Does anyone else have these problems when visiting relatives!?
Apart from all that, I did have a goodtime! It was just hard to relax!

Last edited by kezza; 01-03-2008 at 07:26 AM.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!