View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc View Post
It's so amazing!! I would LOVE to have a house like it. I love all the bright colors and nautical home goods.

The location looked beautiful on TV but I'm not sure if I'd want to LIVE in the Florida Keys (having visited the Florida Keys I thought they were OK- but I was kind of unimpressed, especially with the lack of things to do). Maybe if the house was free, I'd reconsider.

Key West is fun for about one day at a time IMO. I think that a lot of the people who live in Key West have a blase attitude - kind of that "sitting on my porch swing, drinking my marguerita with no cares in the world" thing. A lot of it is just shabby chic or something, like they don't want to spend too much time fixing things up and it's so cool being slightly run down and who wants to waste time painting and mending stuff. I haven't seen the HGTV house yet, but I'd just imagine it in some other Florida location. Does it have a pool? A lot of the pools in Key West have to be hand dug because the houses are so close together and it's impossible to get machinery in the back where the pool goes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!