View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 AM   #8
mk97
Senior Yorkie Talker

I think prices vary by where you live---I work at an Animal Hospital, and some people think we are high, others think we are reasonable. I think the most ridiculous fees out of the stuff you listed are the tails/dewclaw removal--we charge far less then that. I forget exact price but under 20 for the 1st puppy and then less for the 2nd and more puppies--that is one service I don't think we've gone up in. For puppies, our clinic also does where you pay an exam/office call the 1st visit, then for the remaining 3 sets of puppy vax--you only pay for vaccines and a fecal(it's adjusted if the breeder did 1st set--but still only one exam fee). I agree that spay/neuters and removing baby teeth are high, but then depending how much we pay for our babies--you don't want to skimp on some expenses. I bought my yorkie from our Dr for 1200--she had already pulled the puppy teeth/fully vaccinated(as she was almost a year old), and she included my spay in the price(I cleaned her teeth and microchipped her at the same time). She is 2.8lbs, black and gold--I love the little booger--downside is that she has a bad luxating patella on one side.
mk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!