View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #11
sierrareef
Yorkie Talker

Confused

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

I understand that the papers don't make the pet, but I guess I'm just too hard-headed to pay 100's of dollars for a dog with limited breeding rights. To answer your question - I hope to retire soon and I'd like the option to breed Yorkies when I do retire. I know I still have much to learn about the Yorkie breed through my own personal ownership. Clearly, I shouldn't make a decision about future breeding now if it's based only on what I have read. But if I'm going to spend this amount of money now, I want the option to breed my Yorkie in the future.

The truth is, you can get all the dog-love in the world from a mixed breed, dog that costs nothing. For me, if I'm going to drastically up the price from a "free" dog to a purebreed dog, I want a little more bang for my buck.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If top-of-the-line show quality championships are important to you, $5000.00 makes sense for you. If it's important for someone to have a Purebred Yorkie as a pet, than paying 100's of dollars for the puppy is good value for you. For me, the value of a purebred is the combination of the type of dog you're looking for, and the option to breed that dog and register her pups with the AKC.

I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I'm new to your Yorkie world and will do best to be quiet and learn from you Yorkie vets. I'm understandably exciteable about what tomorrow might bring and have a tendency to say too much. So please excuse my ramblings, thank you for your help and good night from Northen Nevada
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!