View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #8
sierrareef
Yorkie Talker

Thanks Chloe - I'll follow your advise. I PM'd BamaFan121 and I'll contact Stringer Creek in the morning (I've already e-mailed them). Stringer Creek advertises that they don't deal in Brokers - I'm curious to learn how much Deanna upped the price (her broker fee) and whether the pup comes with the full AKC registration as advertised (my biggest concern).

We've been so anxious, looking forward to tomorrow when we get our Yorkie -Tine - my fingers are crossed because I don't want to cancel. Deanna has been super friendly and did tell us she was a "broker", at least in so many words. Maybe she's doing it in a more positive way - filling a need and using reputable breeders instead of puppy mills. I hope so.

For folks like us, it's tough. We want a Yorkie, we want purebred, and for the money you have to spend to get one with full AKC registration from a "reputable" breeder, you're almost get forced to look elsewhere.

Allow me to rant - and I know I hardly have a right to.

My wife has cancer and stays home all day - alone. We recently saw a cancer patient at her Oncologist's Office with a Yorkie puppy and we agreed it would be a perfect companion for the 2 of us. So, we began to search. Imagine my surprise when I found mixed breed toy pups, with non-AKC certifications selling for hundreds of dollars!

I researched as well as I could and was told to seek reputable breeders - but their prices were shocking if you want a pup with full AKC registration. So, someone like me is forced to look at backyard breeders.

Oh well.....I'm going to get a Yorkie for me and my wife. I promise you, it'll be a puppy raised with with love and properly trained - I feel I can guarantee it'll be a happy puppy. I just think it's a shame that so many good and loving families are restricted from sharing in the best this breed has to offer because this once working class dog is now hard for the common person to afford.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!