View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Barbara92021
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Murphy's Law for my yorkies!!

I came to YT this morning b/c both of my yorkies have been listless, less playful and having runny poo-poos for the past week or so. I was wondering if stress could cause this b/c my hubby is home for the holidays. He was gone from Nov 17th to Dec 21st - longest time away in many yrs. He is usually gone for 8 days and home for 4 days. Our 2 furkids usually lay about with him and he usually takes them in the truck when he has to go shop for something or to pick something up.

The biggest thing we are noticing with him home this time, is how much jealousy is playing a role in everything happening!! Becuz he has been sick, he has been flat out on the couch for most of the holiday, with both of them vying for the "best" spot to lay with him!! Ginger is the older one and used to having him to herself. We moved here in Sept and so every trip home, DH has been on the go constantly with not much time for just lying around, snuggling with our furkids, like this time! Even at bedtime (they sleep with us), the younger one is "pushing" her sister around with growling and barking!

Well, I read and read and read threads about food, diet, behaviour and now it is late afternoon. First thing this morning, I decided it was going to be rice and chicken for the next few days, for both of them, until their stools were back to normal. I really thot it was their food causing the problem! They eat Go! Natural dry food (free food all day) and at suppertime, I give them each 1T of the wet food we got from the vet for their age group. I thot the wet food had gone bad, maybe!! Ginger (2yo) has Preventative and ShyAnne (9mos) has Development from the Medi-Cal group.

But, after all I've read in here today, I'm thinking this could be stress! I know pets get stressed at different times so perhaps that is what is happening with them. I gave them each a little bowl of baby wheat pablum first, this morning. Then, about 1 hr later I gave them each some white rice and about 1/2 hr later, I gave them some more white rice with baby food carrots in it. I've been waiting for one, or both, of them to have a poo-poo so I can see if all of MY stress today has helped them! LOL

Murphy's Law - no poo at all, let alone runny poo, today! Wouldn't you know it?? I guess my diet for the day, must've worked somewhat. And, for the first time in a few days, they were running around and playing together this afternoon!! I'll leave the wet food out of their diet for now. I'll have to post back when things are a few days down the road and let you know if all is well.

My main question is about diet - I know it is OK to give them rice and chicken for a few days to deal with tummy upsets but I want to know if it is OK to add baby food products like the veggies, fruits and meats, to their dry food, for a few days???
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!