View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #14
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

No matter how often you build your dream home, there is always something you end up missing . . . .so this is indeed a good way to plan . .taking notes about all the ideas.

Here are some of my ideas to share.

When we built our home, hubby did all the wiring for the music. He even did it so the there is outdoor music if we are on our deck. Each room has a control to adjust the volume.

Have a built in vacuum cleaner . . . .it will probably cost about the same if not just a tidbit more as compared to those pricey cleaners like Rainbow. I know I spent less having the pipes and outlets installed and then buying the unit online . . .

I love to entertain so I made sure my pantry was HUGE. At my old house my spare freezer was in the garage, now I have it in my pantry so it is readily accessible to my kitchen.

Hubby also did the upper lighting and underlighting as well as inside lighting on cabinets in my kitchen so he had the builder install outlets above the cabinets but controlled though a switch.

You can always use cabinets so for our master bathroom, instead of one huge mirror above our sinks, there is a cabinet right in the middle and there are outlets outside as well as inside. His razor is plugged to an outlet inside the cabinet so it is not clutter free but always ready for use.

Oh he also did all the computer wiring for all our computers as well as security alarm so whatever you hubby can do, make sure he does it before the dry wall gets installed.

oh he also has control of outdoor lighting (holiday lights) from our coat closet. And make sure have the builder put outlets close to the roof so you won't have all these cords hanging

oh do you know that having matching wood panel on your fridge cost less than having it all stainless . . .

oh and definitely separate clothes closet (his and Hers) . . .Ours originally was just one big one but last minute decided to split it 75/25 so we each can do what we want with our closet. Hubby is the neat freak so he does not freak out at my messy closet.

If I think of more I will let you know . . .

Last edited by Tiger's Mom; 01-01-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!