View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
genie
Loves Hannah & Gracie
Donating Member

We are planning to build a house soon and I love these ideas. I some ideas too.
1. kitchen cabinets...instead of a door I wan't a drawer for my pots and pans. I want 2 long and deep drawers like on the bottom somewhere maybe under the wall oven and that is where I will put pots and pans.....I hate getting on my knees and reaching back and digging to find what I want. My dad is a cabinet maker and I told him what I wanted and he said he had never heard of that and I have never seen that before either.

2. BIG walk through panty with a big freezer inside.

3. a room just for the dogs, tile floor, with a doggie door that goes into the back yard with a small fenced area just for pottying and a roof over it so if it is raining or wet they will stay dry and clean. Of course they will have a bigger fenced yard just for playing outside.

4. if all the bedrooms are upstairs, then the laundry room goes upstairs. But I think I want the master bedroom on the bottom floor.

5. I want a 2 car attached garage and a HUGE detached garage with a concrete shower and a washer and dryer. My husband works with dozers and stuff and gets really muddy sometimes and when he mechanics on his equipment he gets greasy and dirty so when he comes home, he has his own garage so he doesn't get mud in mine, he has his own shower so he doesn't get the house shower dirty and he has his own w&d so his nasty clothes wont stink up the house so when he walks through the house doors he is clean and this will make me very happy, and when I am happy, everybody is happy.... We can park the RV, boat, motorcycle and atv in the big garage too.

6. I want the family room to be open to the kitchen. I want the family room in the back of the house, and I want to have french doors in family room leading to a covered back patio with a fireplace and big comfy charis and couches.

7. a BIG walk through linen closet. lots of shelves up to the ceiling for towels and sheets and comforters. I also want a HUGE walk through bedroom closet with lots of storage.

8. In my laundry room I want to have lots of room and storage. I want to have big long drawers that pull way out and have hangers for linen bags and that is where my dirty laundry will go. there will be 4 of them, 1)whites 2)darks 3)lights 4)linens.

9. a really big attic for storage for Christmas decorations and other seasonal decor and just old stuff that you don't use but you want to keep.

I know there is tons more that I am leaving out but I will spare you my book...
genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!