View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Default If you could change something in your house....

What would it be??

We designed and built our house (well the first one we lived in too)...but even with that.....there is always something we would have done differently, added, or changed...etc.

So.........we are thinking (and have been for awhile) to downsize and build another house...eventually...........and I am looking for your thoughts and ideas of some things in your house that you love or hate or would do differently if you could.

Like some of mine would be to have added electrical outlets in the closets and one of those in wall ironing boards in the master closet. This way, we could plug in and iron clothes there (since I seldom do it in the laundry room because it is downstairs)...and we can plug in and charge our phones and other things in there...instead of being untop of our dressers.

And a friend gave me this idea....
When they built their house.....under the cabinets (in the bathroom/kitchen) they put an electrical outlet and attached those clear rope lights along the underside (where no one could see it)...this way, you have a safe and easy alternative to installing track lighting and instead of a small "night light" in the bathroom, you have a nice light.

Another friend, did what is called "bull nose" corners on their walls....most walls are in just straight and where they meet, are in a point...and when they do sheet rock, these corners have a metal plate over them...then the sheet rock goes up....while with the "bull nose" - rounded edges.... you don't have this...just a smooth corner...so the the paint doesn't chip off if you hit the corner w/ something. I like that idea!!!

Any other ideas/tips/tricks that you would like to share w/ me....I am making a notebook with ideas!!!

THANKS!!!

Picture of rounded (bull nose corner) and the normal pointed corner
collage-beads.jpg

Last edited by Jenn218; 01-01-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!