Thread: vet costs
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #13
kanda
No Longer a Member

I will have to call around and find a vet that specializes in small breeds. I've gotten a few referrals in my area, so this is a start.

I am definately not going to get a puppy with known health problems (unless it is more of a rescue type situation), but from what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, some things dont show up in the first year. Especially as he/she gets older.

About health guarantees from the breeder...generally, if something goes wrong, do they help pay the vet costs or offer to exchange for a healthy dog? In my mind a health guarantee doesnt do me much good if they offer to exchange, because the day that I get him/her, he/she will be family...and I just couldnt imagine exchanging him/her. Maybe this varies breeder to breeder?

Thanks for all the input...I just wanted to make sure that I wont go bankrupt on my pup

In your experience...or to the best of your knowledge...what is the most costly medical treatment? Lets say worst comes to worst and surgery is needed...what is the most costly?

kanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!