View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 09:19 PM   #61
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
I understand what you mean. And yes, I'm sure it will take time, but with numbers and persistant, passionate people, I'm sure it's an obtainable goal. So I am still wondering as it has not been addressed or answered:
* Are parti breeders trying to get the dogs recognized as a separate breed, or just a different color variation?
* If it is going to be recognized either way, won't there have to be a group of people, with common united goals, an agreed upon standards, like beliefs and practices working together? I mean, how will it ever happen if you just have individuals working out there on their own and not on the same page?
* Specifically, how are these things being achieved? How have the efforts been organized to be presented to AKC for acceptance?
* Is there a uniform way of tracking lineage, health research, genetic research and records for the partis being bred?

I would *think* these to all neccessary issues that would need to be addressed in order for this goal to be obtained... I actually find this very interesting and can only imagine the hard work and time and research that would have to be put into it. That is why I think that it will be interesting to learn how it's being done because if it's ultimately accepted then that will be HUGE

Not sure how to take that really...hopefully it was a joke? Or hopefully that at least means there IS a plan?

LOL yes it was a joke. Currently we are a very small group of very busy people that have not even gotten our first litters yet, so as of right now we are each working on getting our own lines started. We do want to get stadards set for them so we are all working towards the same goal.

Many people are still afraid to come forward with their partis. Especially show breeders because it couild get them banned by the YTCA. So they are forced to make some tough choices.

The breeder that I got my partis from used to be a show breeder, but she decided not to let them dictate to her on what she could and couldn't breed.

I personally do not want to show, I just want a standard to strive for, even if I have to set my own.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!