View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Animal Smiley 036 Pooping blood remedy???

I wasn't sure which section to post this in so I put it here in yorkie health.

A while back, I posted about Dallas having bloody poop. I took in a stool sample and the vet said hookworms. Wormed all the dogs...all is well.

A couple of weeks later, Dallas had bloody poop again. I had even posted a thread about it. I wormed him once again and all is well. I asked someone about it and they said that he couldn't have hookworms again since I had just finished worming him and she suggested stress poop...from eating something that upset his tummy.

Well, as you guessed it, another couple of weeks...maybe 3 went by and he had bloody poop. I took notice this time and the only change was that I had given him a bully stick (which my dogs do not get very often).

I had some Bene-Bac in my doctor kit, gave him some and low and behold a day later, there was no more bloody poop.

On another occasion, I gave each dog a small bite of my left over steak. The very next day, bloody poop for Dallas. I gave him Bene-Bac again and that ended that.

I'm not saying that everyone who's dog has bloody poop should use Bene-Bac and if your dog gets it, take it to the vet to rule everything else out. Bene-Bac HAS helped Dallas. I guess that Dallas just has a sensitive tummy and I make sure that I keep Bene-Bac on hand.

Gracie's tummy was gurgling today and her gas is SOOOO bad. I just gave her a dab of Bene-Bac...we'll see if it helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!