View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc View Post
So I looked and it is "smoke-free." I was thinking that being "smoke-free" meant you couldn't smoke while walking down the streets but you can. That's when it's the worst/most common.
The new Illinois law says you have to be 15 feet from entrances, which will not be enforced. I hate walking into a building and having to walk past 5 people huddled in the door smoking. That's not fair. But I doubt they will police that. Inside I'm pretty confident will be OK. I agree it's bad walking down the street or even driving! I always get stuck next to or behind someone at a light with their cigarette sticking out the window and there's nowhere to go to get away. After my vent sucks it all in we are sitting there with our windows open trying to breathe. I'll never forget last summer when we were at our town's parade. We set blankets and chairs out at 6am to save a spot. Of course there were tons of kids and families and some jerk was sitting next to us smoking. I asked him if he had to do that because there were kids and everything and it was bothering us, and he said "You don't like it, you move" and the childish "It's a free country lady" I'm sorry but that's just rude. You don't stand in a crowd of people like that and smoke, especially if someone asks you to stop. I only know a few smokers but they all are polite about their smoking.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!