Thread: Debarking??
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

I think it is inhumane and cruel. And not many vets will preform the surgery as they think the same.

And as Megan said above, it does NOT stop the dog from barking. They will still bark but their bark will be horse and raspy, which in my opinion sounds a whole lot worse.

I refuse to believe that a dog can't be trained to not bark. I feel debarking is just an easy way out for owners to take. Now if they do everything in their power to try and correct them from barking which includes bringing in dog trainer professionals who have had years of experience with this and they still aren't able to get the dog to stop barking then maybe. Well no I can't even say that because I can't believe that no one could stop the barking with the only option being debarking. There are soooooooo many techniques out there for training a dog to stop barking and unless you go through every one of them you can't say you have tried. JMO

Oh and this may be irrelevant but I love to watch Victoria in "It's me or the dog." And there has been a few episodes where she had some owners who had a dog wouldn't stop barking. They tried everything they said but yet when Victoria comes in she is able to stop the behavior quickly with one of her techniques. So they must not have tried everything.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!