View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Toto says thanks for all the Birthday wishes and puppy kisses to everyone!! Fasteddie ... Happy Belated wishes!!! You got the Fire Dept., while on Friday we got the EMS!! We had grandious plans to celebrate Toto's birthday and Papa's birthday on the 22nd [Thursday]! We would have had Toto's big party on Sunday and were leaving today for a trip to Rice, TX to have some warranty work on the Casita at the factory and would end up in Biloxi, MS where we had plans to meet up with our breeder who is showing some of Toto's "relatives" at the dog show down there. We were all excited about seeing each other again, however, everything changed early on Friday morning when our daughter-in-law, Cindy, who cares for my Mom called to tell us that she had called an ambulance for my Mom! Scared us spitless! My Mom just turned 88 and although her health is terrible, she has the most amazing zest for life of anyone I have ever met!! She had several things go wrong at the same time but priority one was a heart rate of 200 [she suffers from congestive heart failure among other things] and it took her cardiologist about four days to get that regulated and with everything stable they let us bring her home today!! She and I spent an enjoyable afternoon ... like two big fat cats ... layed back in the den in recliners watching TV and just generally enjoying being home while Cindy caught up on errands, etc. Meantime, we had to send Papa to Texas without us and cancelled our plans for the dog show! We really don't mind .... just thankful for every single day we can have our Mom with us ... there will always be other trips and dog shows, but we all know that our time with her is running out so we just look forward to today!! And ... we have a surprise party planned for Papa and Toto this coming Sunday ... belated it is ... but we will have fun!! Meantime ... The Toto and I are at our home ... catching up on our much missed snuggling and all is well again .... life is good!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!