View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Waco View Post
I made the same mistake when I adopted Gizmo. I have a contract that states limited registration pending neutering. He's been neutered now, but I haven't sent the proof in to our breeder yet, so I might have trouble, I don't know.

The papers haven't been important until now, but I'm thinking about starting him in agility, and I don't know if they have to have their AKC papers for that or not.

Sorry to ramble, but I think waiting on papers is a mistake quite a few first timers (like me) make.
Many reputable breeders will not give registration papers out (even limited) until proof of spay/neuter so I don't think you made a mistake. It sounds like Gizmo had a responsible breeder. Hopefully all will go well and you'll get his papers once you send in proof of his neutering

To the OP - a puppy's testicles should be in the scrotum by or soon after 6 weeks but it seems like for smaller breeds, it can be a little later. They really should already be there by 4 months but I'd give it another 2-3 months to see if they descend. I'd have him neutered at 6 or 7 months regardless of whether they've dropped or not.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!