View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
ladybugg74
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Cry My Yorkie has tonsilitis...she won't eat

Our little Gracie woke me up at 4am this morning haking and coughing. She was so bad we called the emergency vet number. He said as long as she is breathing she will be okay to bring her in when they open. The vet was booked, but was able to work Gracie in. Found out she has tonsilitis. She was given shot and then was giving prescription of amoxicillin to take every 12 hours and a cough medicine to take every two hours until cough stops. I could not get the dropper in her mouth so had to give the medicine to her off my finger. On the way home she threw up foamy white stuff all over my lap. The doctor did ask if she had thrown this up yet, which she hadn't at the time. Since we have been home she looks really sickly and has not eaten at all. You can see it in her eyes and I feel so bad for her. I am worried about her eating. I gave her fresh soft dog food and nothing. Tried some yogurt and nothing. She just lays at my feet, but won't come to me when I call her. When I go to get her she walks away, like she wants me to leave her alone. I am concerned about her eating. Anyone have this experience? I am hoping she is better by tomorrow. Gracie's 1st birthday was Monday and we are havinga party for her tomorrow night. The doctor said if she has not stopped coughing in 3 days to bring her in. Since we left the vet she has only coughed/hacked a few times.

Worried mama to Gracie,
Heather
ladybugg74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!