View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
MeganS
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Default Tucker was a BAD boy today!

I was with Tucker back in the woods, pretty far back. We went off the trail a little bit, cause I felt like exploring (the same trail gets quite boring after a while haha). Tucker had his leash on, but I wasn't holding it cause he's always REALLY good about sticking right by me. Well I stepped over a little log, and when I called him to come next to me, something spooked him because he TOOK OFF. He was no more than a foot away from me, I don't know how he got away so fast I couldn't even step on his leash! I was PANICKING because I didn't think he knew his way home. Usually he stops when I tell him to, so I yelled "Tucker, WAIT!" but he kept running like his tail was on fire.
Eventually he had gotten so ahead of me that I couldn't see him anymore. I didn't know if I wanted to scream or cry. I ran as fast as I could (which isn't quite fast enough to catch a yorkie on the run), but by the time I got to a clearing he was no where. I went to the entrance into the woods, and I saw him hauling butt towards home. A neighbor of mine (who I met today, thank you Tucker) was standing in the road (which is thankfully not used much), and was ready to catch Tucker if he came towards him. I yelled at Tucker to go inside, so he ran up to the porch and waited there for me.

It took me like 2 minutes to get out of the woods, but I'll tell you it felt like forever. When I caught up to him, I wanted to hug him and then beat his little tushy. of course, I didn't hit him, but he got a good long time out.

He's such a little brat haha. Now he's all kissy-kissy. I'm just thankful that he did go to the porch, and that there were no cars around when he got out of the woods. Needless to say, little man is on a tight leash for a while.

EDIT:

darn it! Posted in the wrong forum! Sorry, Admin.

All Gave Some; Some Gave All

Last edited by MeganS; 12-28-2007 at 09:53 PM.
MeganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!