View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
Yorkie MOM of 4
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Odd behavior before bedtime

Hello I'm a Yorkie Mom of 4! I have 2 males and 2 females. I'm seeking advice or an opinion about an odd behavior my youngest female yorkie displays every evening before bedtime. She is 5 1/2 months of age and she is the youngest of all my yorkies. Going on now for 3 weeks, Lulu will start behaving odd when my husband and I start to bed. We have our yorkies to sleep in our master bedroom, yet in their own beds. My other 3 yorkies go right to their beds, but Lulu will grab a soft toy in her mouth and prowl around the room with discomfort. She whines and goes to the closed bedroom door and persist that you open it. My husband will let her out and she walks around the house with the toy still in her mouth steadily whining. She then will enter back into the bedroom and prowl around, go out the dog door, then enter back into our bedroom all the while still holding the toy and whining. My husband and I will console her by rubbing and talking to her, yet she still whines. We will get into our bed and suggest for her to go to her bed. She will sit at our bedside with the toy and whine until we pick her up. She will prowl all over the bed and then burrow under the cover. She then starts digging to make a nest, I suppose. Then she will drop the toy and lay down with relief, no longer whining. We are restless by the time she finds relief and then we find ourselves feeling sorry for the other 3 yorkies in their own beds. Therefore we put the other 3 into bed with us so that we are showing no favoritism. We are seeking your advice or opinion on Lulu's odd behavior and to HELP us find rest at night. We love our yorkies and we can't stand to see any one of them in discomfort!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!