View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmommy815 View Post
I just got my new yorkie a week ago as well. I thought I had a plan all figured out for potty training but it's not working.
I feel a little lost. I have been using the pee pads and she has no problem going on them. But when I take her outside she doesn't want to go. She just jumps at my feet and wants to play. I keep saying "go potty" or "go poop" and she will sniff around and then get distracted by a car or the wind. Plus it's cold and I don't want to stay out there for a long time. So, instead of putting her back into her crate I've been putting her into a small bathroom with a bed, food, water, and pee pad. When I wake up in the morning she has gone potty and poop.
My question is this:
Should I continue letting her just sleep in the bathroom and let her do the deed in there, or should I keep working with her to go outside?

I've also liked putting her into the bathroom because then I know that she will eat and not get distracted by the kids and stuff.
I'm reading magazines and stuff online but I just need some more advice! Thanks!

What is your goal? Meaning, where would you like her to end up sleeping and going potty?
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!