View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #15
road61
Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
I just spent the last couple of months talking my sister out of getting a puppy. She was pregnant at the time. Now she has just had the baby 1 week ago and she is so busy that I'm sure she's glad I was the voice of reason. A baby is MORE than time consuming and even though hubby will help, he can't be there all the time. Puppy potty training and changing diapers don't go hand in hand. Neither can wait!

I just talked to her and she was cleaning up projectile poop from a messy diaper change...can you imagine if she had a little puppy trying to get in the mix of that?

Please wait till you have your baby and get in the groove of it before adding a puppy. You should enjoy both but at different times IMHO.
I have to agree with the above post... as a mom of 2 older kids when they were born our pets did take a back seat.. it just happens.. I am a daycare provider and the one thing that every new mom tells me is negative about their dogs.. at least the first year.. i would wait ..plus your furbaby may have some adusting time and to throw a new pup with baby may not be to wise..
Also,, I have a new pup and let me tell you I forgot what work they are and i have to grown kids..
Good luck with your decison.. let us know
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!