View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Buddy-licious
Donating YT Addict

Default This story broke my heart!!!!

I was watching my local news tonight and they reported on the saddest story of a little old man in a neighboring town to Charlotte. The little old man wanted to make dinner for his family but he did not have the money for a $3.98 steak at Food Lion.....so he stole the steak. (he did not get get caught) A couple of days later when he had the money he returned to the Food Lion.....he apologized and insisted on paying for the steak. The manager of Food Lion CALLED THE POLICE and had him ARRESTED!!!!!
Yes, I know stealing is wrong but no one EVER goes back and does the right thing. This man did and was arrested for it!!!!

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/neal_..._lowrance.html

I never shop at Food Lion but now I really won't. Locals are asking people to write to the Food Lion store where this happened or write to the corporate office of Food Lion to express compassion for the little man. I will be writing. Again, stealing is wrong but it's not like he was stealing money to buy drugs....he stole one item to feed his family and returned later to pay for it!! So sad!!! We all have no idea how blessed we are to be able to put food on our tables to feed our families!!

Food Lion
Attn: Managment
111 W Garrison Blvd
Gastonia, NC 28052

Food Lion Corporate Office
Customer Relations Department
P.O. Box 1330
Salisbury, NC, 28145-1330
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!