View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
WSAPBT
Yorkie Talker

first of all relax breath. a clear mind is key to working the right diet! have you tried the NV kibbles? they are very good. Timberwolf Organics is good as well. If you want to do the raw those are fantastic! dogs do best on raw! ive seen great results on it. its expensive, but i guess its resonable for a yorkie since its small. to put some weight on the yorkie ( or any dog) you could double the feed amounts, put canola oil ( about 1/4-1/2 cup) on kibble. that really packs on the weight. for switching over, make sure you don't feed the raw with the kibble. they digest at different rates and makes it harder to adjust. i would feed kibble in the morning, give the dog a good 8-10 hours to digrst that and give raw at night. also you might see what we call a detox period where the body adjust to the nutrient rich raw while throwing out all the junk a dog mightve been fed such as fillers that are found in some of the foods you mentioned. i would also check the dog for worms if its losing weight despite increase in food intake. take a stool sample to the vet and have them run it. Droncit gets everything and Interceptor is great but it doesnt kill tapeworms. MOST* dogs have roundworms so ask about that. good luck!
WSAPBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!