View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
fcapulong
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg RAW DIET for underweight yorkies?! Help!

I've tried every kibble imaginable: Canidae, Solid Gold, Innova Evo, Natural Balance and Royal Canin. Tookie loved Royal Canin Yorkshire but it gave him itchiness. All the others, he would eat for a few days and then turn his nose up and never touch it again. He loves Natural Balance food rolls, but he's still not eating enough. He doesn't always just finish his entire bowl of food asking for more =( He is 5 lbs and you can feel all his bones, especially his protruding spine and ribs. I thought he was just skinny, but after comparing his body to other yorkies his same age, height and length, I knew his protruding spine, ribs and pencil stick legs were not normal.

I see that many picky eaters LOVE Nature's Variety raw medallions and freeze dried. Should I make the switch, and if so, should I do medallions or freeze dried first. Also, is the switch to raw supposed to be cold turkey or gradually introduced? Also, if I want him to put on weight, should I feed him more than the suggested serving portions that Nature's Variety suggests? I know raw is better for them, but I've seen posts of dogs losing weight on raw. Help! I need to plump my baby up!
fcapulong is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!