View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
JENNGENE01_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaymon View Post
I don't personally know of any, but I think this is a great idea. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to get turned down time and time again because of my four-year-old. She is really sweet and very kind to animals. Don't get me wrong, she is still a four year old who still needs supervision, but it would have been nice for a rescue organization to have taken the whole family into consideration and not just the fact that we have a small child. We ended up buying a puppy. She is really good with him and we just love him to pieces, but it is also too bad because we could have given a homeless dog a very good home. Good Luck!
I can understand why it is frustrating but you also need to look at it in our eyes. 9 out of 10 times a yorkie comes into rescue because of a child. four of fosters this year came in because of children. We aren't trying to be mean or harsh but trying to protect our little ones so they don't come back. This does not mean that we think that all children are bad just kids are kids and are not aware how to handle dogs at a young age. Of course there are exceptions and we take that into consideration. Please don't be discouraged by rescues just realize that we have the best interest of the pups first. We are not in the business in making families happy but are in the business of finding the right home for our pups.
JENNGENE01_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!