View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
kwaymon
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaari View Post
Another thing I forgot to mention is the website www.petfinder.com.

This website is where I found my Tika - who was ready for adoption at the Humane Society in Thief River Falls. Surprisingly the adoption cost only $60 U.S. (and a $10 fee when crossing the border back into Canada). They had no problem with the fact that I had a six-year-old daughter and were just happy to adopt her into a good, loving home.

I also noticed that my responses to email inquiries to Humane Societies were generally more open than responses from Yorkie Rescue organizations, many of whom sent me rejection form letters. Only a hand full of rescue organizations took the time to write back telling me I don't qualify for adoption because I have a child.

I hope this helps families with children to find the right Yorkie.
I don't personally know of any, but I think this is a great idea. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to get turned down time and time again because of my four-year-old. She is really sweet and very kind to animals. Don't get me wrong, she is still a four year old who still needs supervision, but it would have been nice for a rescue organization to have taken the whole family into consideration and not just the fact that we have a small child. We ended up buying a puppy. She is really good with him and we just love him to pieces, but it is also too bad because we could have given a homeless dog a very good home. Good Luck!
kwaymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!