View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #24
Anna Banana
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J249 View Post
Purchased a puppy a couple of months ago from www.seasideyorkies.com out of miami, florida. paid a small fortune for a "teacup" that turned out to be a fairly large yorkie. The puppy cannot sit still for a second. Does not listen, does not crate train, pees everywhere, poos everywhere. Is this an inbred dog? Is this normal for yokies? Has anyone else purchased from this breeder? Someone PLEASE HELP with some answers.

Thank YOU!!
This is pretty normal. New yorkie owners (like I was when I got Wobie) get pretty overwhelmed when these babies act like the little terrors they are.

Some of the bad behavior is probably due to her bad breeding, and bad experiences growing up in that puppymill-esque environment. That would explain why she's hard to crate-train, if she's used to pottying and pooping in her own area, and sleeping in her own waste.

She is not a large yorkie, it seems like she'll be close to, if not within standard weight. You have nothing to worry about there.

How is her health? Thats what I'd be more worried about after buying from a breeder like that...

For pottytraining, I'd suggest confining her to an ex-pen, rather than a crate when she's unsupervised. I'd also suggest training classes, which would also help you two bond. Do you walk her? That should help with her hyperness. Spaying might also help, as neutering does, but I'm not sure about that.

Congratulations and good luck with your gorgeous baby girl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!