Thread: Bad behavior
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 04:56 AM   #9
MaxwellHouse
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie merlino View Post
Apparently he's not doing it to your BF, because he has accepted him as Alpha, so you and him are competing for your place in your Pack! You need to do something quickly otherwise he will get worse towards you. Do you walk him? Alot of behaviour problems stem from lack of exercise. Dogs sense
energy and you are not sending the right message, he does not respect you.
Do not allow him to do this to you, he is not playing he is quite serious.
Alot of people who own Yorkies do not like to discipline, socialize or Train them or even deal with their problems because they are so cute and small compared to other Dog Breeds. He will get worse if you allow it, you have to correct him every time he does it! And do not play rough or in a manner that would give him the opportunity to do it or that would trigger that behaviour?
Remember every thing your Dog does, he does because you some how taught him. Try to remember what made him do it in the first place? Without more details I can't be more specific?
Good post.

When Maxwell would do that to me (never to my husband), I would gently hold him on his back back and look at him and say no. He seemed to quickly get he wasn't Alpha over me.

Someone has to be on the lower rung of the pack, and it shouldn't be you.
MaxwellHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!