Thread: eye discharge
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #2
Ringo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

It COULD be pink eye....Ringo had the same symptoms. I took him to another vet (that's not ours) during the hurricane. She prescribed him antibiotics that had steriods in them. I didn't like the steroid idea. Then I went to our vet...she gave him antibiotics that were basically neosporin. Anyway...the eye got a bit better....BUT both eyes have been swollen for a while and they still discharge. It's allergies. Ringo started scratching and tearing out his own hair. It has been tough the past few weeks. I took him to the vet and they did a blood test to see what he's allergic to. I will get the results in a day or so. Then if it's not food, we are going to do a series of shots. Not steroid shots...but of allergins that will get Ringo's body accustomed to the thing he's allergic to. It will help his body grow immune. Well, so we hope! You may want to get some eye medicine from the doc...just tell them that you don't want ANY steroids in it. If it doesn't clear up, it could be allergies. If both eye lids are swollen and he's red around his mouth it could be allergies. Good luck!
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!