View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
barbiesMoMmY
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy christmas fire :(

so last night was an early night we finished christmas shopping and came home to go to sleep. i was in the shower and barbie and my hubby were already in bed. i started to smell something burning and i thought maybe hubby was smoking a cigarette in the house (usually i'd be flipping out about this but i was so exhausted i didn't wanna ruin my shower.) so i continued with my shower, got out and didn't even check the bed room because i didn't wanna be around cigarette smoke so i called barbie out and she came and sat on my lap while i watched some tv on the sofa... about twenty minutes later the smell got a little stronger and i got a little concerned because i HATE second hand smoke so i get up to go yell at hubby and i see he's asleep!!! and when i went in the room i smelled the smoke 40 times worse!! so i get him up and tell him "somethings burning somethings burning!!!" he jumps up and we both start sniffing around EVERYWHERE I MEAN THE X-MAS TREE, THE OVER, THE VENTS, THE TV, THE FRIDGE, AND NOTHING! so i'm accusing him of dropping a cigarette somewhere and he swears he wasn't smoking in the house.. then i check the bedroom once more and decide to look in the bathroom and it is FULL of smoke. he thought something got into the dome light and was burning. i quickly got shoes and a coat grabbed barbie and ran out of the house. her and i went out to my car and called the 911. (ALL OF MY HOUSE WAS COVERED IN SMOKE AT THIS POINT AND NOT ONE FIRE DETECTOR WENT OFF!!!!) finally they came and told me what happened. i guess there was a towel that fell behind the dryer and caught on fire!! my entire bathroom in RUINED!!! (luckily we have two!) ANYWAY the smell was overbearing so we spent the night at my hubbys parents. barbie is still there because it still smells in here what a way to start christmas eve! thank god i was awake! i just want everyone to check their smoke detectors!! we have three and NOT ONE WENT OFF!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!