View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Yorkies are alot of work!

Welcome to YT.! Sounds like a typical Yorkie to me, I have 3, 1 male 4 yrs. old and he is a whopping 10 lbs.,1 female 3 yrs. old and she is 8 lbs., and their
baby girl is 4 1/2 lbs. and she is 1 yr. and 3 months. They all have different personalities but in general they are calm but at the drop of a pin they will go from zero to sixty in 10 seconds! My females will still have accidents under certain conditions? They will not waite/hold it as long as my male.
Be Patient, it can be very frustrating......besides your dealing with an ego too! You have to be consistant with his Training. Do you walk him at least twice a day, for 30 min. at least? Regardless of how small or big a Yorkie is or ends up being? They must be walked, they are Terriers, bred over a hundred years to be hunting dogs, just because we dress them and put them in fashionable purses does not mean that, that's what they are used to? They need to burn off all that Energy somehow. We all paid small fortunes for our Yorkies, the Breeder always says they will be small because that's what "Sells"
the smaller the more expensive! Once you get him "Fixed" he will most likely calm down, as they get older they will mellow out too. You also have to train them to be "Lap" dogs too, not all of them want to sit on your Lap either, I have to force Artie to sit still, but Abigail and Tiffany will fight over my Lap for the coveted "Throne" seat. Hope this helps, hang in there, they are not the easiest Breed to deal with......either you Love them or you hate them there is no in-between. Good Luck, Aloha
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!