Thread: Stud???
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I wouldn't breed a CKC registered Yorkie. I would stick with AKC.
You would have to put a lot of money into testing before breeding.
What if the puppies aren't selling? Can you keep them if the bitch's owner can't?
Very few reputable breeders would use someone else's stud. You will be dealing with inexperienced Yorkie owners who just want some cute puppies all the time. Can you handle that? You would have to tell some owners no if their females are off standard (if you are breeding to standard).
You would have to house and care for the female for a week so you may be liable for anything that goes wrong.
Would you be available if the bitch's owner needs help (constant calls if they're inexperienced)?

So, I'm not trying to totally discourage you from breeding but please just make sure it is what you want first. I would discourage anyone from breeding a CKC dog though... I just don't see how they're strict enough with registries.
YOu are thinking of the CKC Continental Kennel Club in the US which is a bogus club and will register anything.
However, the original poster is in Canada. OUr Canadian Kennel Club is called the CKC for obvious reasons. And yes, our CKC tried suing the Continental Kennel Club but judge said as the Continental Kennel Club is in the US, it wasn't a problem for our Canadian one. Stupid judge.
The Canadian Kennel Club is the bona fide registry for Canada. You can register a Canadian Kennel Club dog with the AKC if you wish. Some of mine are and I had to submit copies of my Canadian Kennel Club registration along with copies of the Official CKC pedigree.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!