Thread: Stud???
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl_101 View Post
I have never advertised him on kijiji for stud as he is only 15 weeks old. I posted this tread as a way to help me decide to neuter him or not. The breeder that i bought him from does not show her dogs. I have looked into the standard and he appears to be a good example of the breed. he is CKC registered and has champion lines (sire's side). Having him as a stud would be interesting and a good learning experience. Plus the stud fee would cover his cost and the cost of his future neutering. Since you are obviously experienced with the breed maybe you could tell me what exactly is wrong with having him as a stud if, infact, he is a good example and all of his tests check out?
If you know nothing about the breed standard by showing him in CKC conformation, how would you know if he should be used at stud. Who would ask to use him? Not a reputable breeder that is for sure.
Breeding for money is not a good reason to put him out to stud. Is he your beloved pet or a commodity?
Do you know about any possible genetic problems he may not have himself but be a carrier and could pass on to progeny? The only way to know that is to know the dogs in the pedigree, the breeders those dogs came from, and if there were any problems in those lines.
I sure wish the breeder you bought from put a non breeding contract on the registration or kept him until he could be neutered avoiding this which tells me so much about the breeder you got him from if you did get full breeding rights. If you didn't, you are going against a signed contract which means you are not trustworthy.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!