Thread: Stud???
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegirl_101 View Post
I have never advertised him on kijiji for stud as he is only 15 weeks old. I posted this tread as a way to help me decide to neuter him or not. The breeder that i bought him from does not show her dogs. I have looked into the standard and he appears to be a good example of the breed. he is CKC registered and has champion lines (sire's side). Having him as a stud would be interesting and a good learning experience. Plus the stud fee would cover his cost and the cost of his future neutering. Since you are obviously experienced with the breed maybe you could tell me what exactly is wrong with having him as a stud if, infact, he is a good example and all of his tests check out?
Money should NEVER be the reason for breeding a dog..never never never. Breeding should only be done to better the breed. I would start with showing him if you are really interested in breeding him. That way judges can evaluate him for you. Sometimes its easy to read the standard and think a dog meets it, but in actuality, very few dogs actually meet the standard as it describes the perfect yorkie.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!