View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
rajah
Yorkie Talker

Default crate training/potty training..

I have my yorkie who is 2 months old a little over a week now. This is my first dog and let me tell you he is a lot of responsibility. I have a few questions..

When is it optimal to start potty training outside. I'm reluctant to simply b/c of fear of contracting something. I'd like to wait till he received is parvo shots before he starts pottying outside but I don't want to loose time and have him get use to pee pad training.

He's peeing/pooping maybe 75% of the time on pee pads. At night I leave him in the bathroom that is is baby gated to the bedroom with his crate door open. He generally sleeps through the night peeing/pooping once at night. Sometimes he misses. It seems he tends to pee/poop off the pad when he's upset or not ready for down time.

Maybe I'm compulsive, but I tend to clean him after every poop/pee and replace the newspapers that are on the pee pad. Does this take away from training?

aahh, so many questions.. I feel overwhelmed with this decision of getting the little guy.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions in advance.
rajah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!